Medium sphere 13 cm diameter with 8-10 shrimp
Large oval approx. 19 cm high with 8-10 shrimp
Set 13 cm sphere and 19 cm oval white
Regulär innerhalb von 1-3 Werktagen Versandfertig, d.h. Lieferung nach ca. 2-5 Werktagen.
The EcoSphere is a self-contained ecosystem. What is part of this ecosystem?
- Glass: our glass is otherwise used in laboratories. It is as thin as possible, but as thick as necessary to ensure the best possible look.
- Water: in our laboratory in Germany the water for the ecosystems is mixed and enriched. Salts, minerals and the microorganisms they contain are perfectly matched to the life of the shrimp in the ecosystem.
- Gravel: we have only been using artificial gravel for almost 20 years. Why? This is more sterile and lighter. This also makes transportation for the shrimp much safer.
- Mussels: there are a few mussels in every ecosystem. These do not necessarily serve as decoration, but are included in the system as mineral dispensers.
- Magnet: there is a small magnet in the glass. This one can be used from the outside with the help of a magnet to clean the glass from the inside.
- Gorgonian: the branch in the glass is called a gorgonian. Since 2015 it is unfortunately no longer possible for us to obtain natural gorgonians from reliable sources. In order to avoid clearing coral reefs, we have decided to only use artificial gorgonians. The gorgonian still serves as a seat and feeding ground for the shrimp, because the microorganisms also settle here.
- Algae: in every ecosystem there are green thread algae and brown surface algae. You don't necessarily have to see both. Both types of algae serve both as an oxygen supplier and as a feed dispenser for the shrimp.
- Microorganisms: tiny bacteria take care of the "waste recycling" in the EcoSphere. The shrimp also like to eat these small inhabitants.
- Shrimp: and now to the little stars of the ecosystem. The number of shrimp depends on the size of the system. The shrimp are actually only beneficiaries of the cycle that functions without them. The cycle is intact even without shrimp.
A manual with an external magnet is also included in the scope of delivery.